Support for Athenaeum can be found on our web pages, via e-mail or directly from SumWare Consulting. We can help in a number of ways and you have a number of purchase options. The annual support contract provides the most flexible support option.
Support agreements are pre-paid and start at $495+GST for up to 12 months. They can be extended within the year, if necessary. You customise your contract to suit your requirements.
The support agreements can be used for combinations of the following:
- on site training (up to 4.5 hours excluding travel costs) and/or
- on site support callouts (travel costs excluded) and/or
- phone support (up to 6.5 hours, by appointment) for the library and/or
- limited phone and remote support for your nominated tech staff and/or
- attendance at Athenaeum Workshops (some travel fees may apply)
- remote connections (up to 6.5 hours, by appointment)
Current support agreement holders will also receive
- Athenaeum software updaters to bring their Athenaeum software up to date (excludes updating third party software; updaters are normally $450+GST) and
- current web templates for Athenaeum when loaded on your FileMaker Server (normally $399+GST)
You can combine parts of the above list together and you don't have to specify in advance what options you want. So, for example, a year's support might consist of 2 x 1.5 hours of remote training plus 2 1/3 hours of phone support with remote connections. Another year might be used for an Athenaeum upgrade with a 45 minute remote training session and 2 hours of telephone support.
Support agreements may not
be used for 3rd party expenses, such as bar code labels, bar code scanners, FileMaker software, etc.
Some Athenaeum updates have minimum third party software requirements. For example, we may require a minimum version of the FileMaker software or of your computer's operating system (sorry, support for XP disappeared long ago...).
Ad hoc support is nominally charged at $30 per quarter hour plus GST for education institutions and $45 per quarter hour plus GST for commercial organisations.
- Support time is rounded to the quarter hour.
- Agreements are annual from the date specified in the invoice.
- Unused support time does not roll over to the next year.
- It is SumWare Consulting's discretion if we offer support beyond that stated above.
Support agreements are instantiated simply by paying our invoice, there is otherwise no signed agreement.
Other Support Resources
Download some Newsletters
Or, jump to our web based resources:
TeamViewer Quick Support